Sunday, September 9, 2012

Proverbs 18:22

Hey everyone!

Those that know me (or those that are at least my friends on facebook) are probably VERY familiar by now with the big news... BF and I got engaged last weekend!!! wooooooo hooooooooo!!!

I've resisted posting about it on here, halfway because I've been swamped with the beginnings of wedding planning and keeping up with all of the calls/texts/emails that have been coming my way, but halfway because I'm just not sure quite what to say. As I've come to find, being engaged brings with it a flood of emotions about a variety of different things... and it's hard (at this moment at least) to synthesize it. Suffice it to say that there will likely be many engagement/wedding/marriage-themed posts in the coming months.

(I also haven't even posted at all about my new job... which is awesome, by the way!) 

So, I guess BF needs a new name on here, and this is getting complicated because his name would be W, except that's already taken. Instead, let's go with V... which kind of suggests that his name is Vladimir or something, but whatever. Anyway, V did a PHENOMENAL job with the proposal and anyone who is my friend on facebook (or, even a "friend of a friend") should stop what you are doing and login to see the whole story in pictures. I think it's more fun to learn the story that way, and it also makes things easier for me. Win-win! Also, W will probably be helping me make a wedding website soon, so perhaps stay tuned for that if you want to know more. 

Before I forget... did y'all like the title? Proverbs 18:22 - "He who finds a wife finds what is good..." Yippee!

For those of you who can't access the photo album on facebook, I thought I'd lift the veil (haha wedding pun!) on this mysterious fiance of mine... so, here he is! I know I've posted about him from time to time on here (although, not much, in an effort to respect his privacy) but I don't think I've given him full, public credit for how wonderful he is. Truly, he is the kind of man that many single gals (myself included, before I met him!) doubt exists - he is sweet, smart, godly, creative, funny, romantic, a great communicator, and so much more. He treats me like a princess and makes me feel so secure and so safe. No games and no drama is our motto! haha We both knew from very early on that we thought it was the right thing, and I am so thrilled to know that we were right! We love how God has written our stories to prepare us for each other and we look forward to the chapters that are to come. 

Thank you to so many of you who have encouraged us along the way, and to all those who have already shared in this special time with us. We feel so loved and so blessed! 





No comments:

Post a Comment