Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Weekend, by M

Life has been pretty hectic for me this week. It's Thursday and so far this work week I've had two evenings booked solid with church stuff and two evenings taken up by 12+ hour work days. I have a half-written post on stewardship that I meant to put up this week... and it's still half-written. Stay tuned!

I'm going to Buckhead Church's Singles Leader retreat this weekend... I'm very excited, a little nervous (I don't have any real friends going), and also just kind of exhausted. They made sure to email us a few reminders including suggesting that "if you're interested in partaking in water activities, please be mindful of modesty."

As such, I will now bring you, courtesy of our dear friend Jon Acuff over at www.stuffchristianslike.net ... an ode to the tankini.

#90. The tankini March 30, 2008

I’m pretty sure that somewhere in the Old Testament, perhaps in the book of Joel, God says that he does not like bikinis. I mean sure, Jesus hung out with hookers and the lowest of the low, but that was then. These days, the trinity hates bikinis. Enter the tankini. The tankini is kind of what would happen if you cut a one piece in half. It’s a tank top on top and a regular bathing suit on the bottom. It’s less Victoria’s Secret and more Land’s End. It was originally created in a church laboratory for youth group trips to the beach...

I'm not sure I've worn a tankini in public... maybe ever. I do have one, though, which I stole from W after she wore it for a whole summer as a counselor at YMCA camp. Too bad it looks designed and crafted for a 13 year-old. Maybe I'll just skip the water activities altogether?

Be back on Sunday night with many great things to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment